Cheviot Trees is pleased to offer its clients a more sustainable alternative to traditional PVC spiral guards.
Manufactured from sustainable plant based starch - no petrochemical based material.
The CT Bio Spiral guard has a UV stabiliser incorporated at the time of manufacturing to provide a stable service life of 4-5 years.
- 100% plant based - no plastic!
- Tested to meet conformity to EU guidelines
- Environmentally friendly and sustainable.
If the Bio Spirals are left in the environment they will degrade over time due to the bacteria found in soil or due to enzymatic reactions. Alternatively, they can be inserted into an industrial composting unit which will degrade them within 6 months.
Our Spiral guards are an economical, entry level plant guard for basic rabbit / hare protection.
Quick and easy to install.
Manufactured from 100% recycled PVC and supplied with pre punched ventilation holes.
Spirals should only be used on small, slender planting stock and are not suitable for use on exposed sites. Consider using the Tubex Ecostart for exposed sites.
A cane is required to support this product.
The TUBEX Ecostart is designed to offer a reliable, yet economical solution to rabbit and hare browsing where the prime concern is the initial establishment period.
They are suitable for slender plants used in hedging and landscaping and are a good alternative to a TUBEX Easywrap on exposed sites as they are pre-fitted with a releasable tie.
Features and benefits include:
- Twin wall, cylindrical construction for best strength to weight ratio.
- Pre-fitted releasable ties for quick installation and maintenance.
- Flared rim to minimise stem abrasion.
- Laser line designed to split to avoid strangulation as the plant grows.
A stake is required to support this product.